109 “The Option Period” (Episode 9)
Bradley Whitford as Danny Tripp — NBC Photo: Mike Ansell
- Broadcast: November 20, 2006
Teleplay by: Aaron Sorkin
Story by: Christina Kiang Booth and Mark Goffman
Directed by: John Fortenberry
- Takes Place:
- It is still the last Friday in October. This episode takes place the same day as the last two episodes.
- Self-References, Product Placement & Trivia:
- “PaddyofNine” and “libris” pointed out on the Television Without Pity Studio 60 Forum: “the big fat ‘Bartlet For America’ poster on the dressing room wall”.
See a screenshot of the scene with the poster
- “Pab Sungenis” noted on the Yahoo Aaron Sorkin group that “Both times Danny and Jordan have an argument about product placements,
there are prominent product placement in the scene.
“First debate… they pause right in front of outgoing mail boxes filled with UPS envelopes, logos clearly
visible. (At least on HDTV.)
“Second, Danny tries to get a snack. The vending machine is filled with M&M Mars candy bars. Snickers, Twix, and Starburst are very visible.”
- The Trivia section of TV.com reports, “Throughout most of the show the countdown clock was on 6 days, 22 hours and some odd minutes and seconds. However at the very end the clock was back up to 6 days and 23 hours”
- Cal complains to Rick and Ron, “We got to the goodnights thirty-seven seconds early. Danny had to have Jessica Simpson fill. Nice girl, nice performer, don’t want her to extemporize on our air. She had time to thank her pets, then asked us to pray for peace in the Midwest.”
- Matt says, “I’m not even sure there’s such a thing as the Internet. It might just be Jeannie telling everyone stuff.”
- ” After the show comes down, Matt (Matthew Perry) discover that Ricky and Ron (Evan Handler and Carlos Jacott) are planning to leave and take the writing staff with them. Harriet (Sarah Paulson) contemplates doing a lingerie spread in a magazine and Jordan (Amanda Peet) and Danny (Bradley Whitford) wrestle with budget cuts. Steven Weber, D.L. Hughley, Nathan Corddry and Timothy Busfield also star.”(source NBC)
- Show Cast: Bradley Whitford, Matthew Perry, Amanda Peet, Steven Weber, Sarah Paulson, D. Hughley L., Nathan Corddry, Judd Hirsch, Ed Asner, Timothy Busfield, Michael Stuhlbarg, Diana-maria Riva, Wendy Phillips, Donna Murphy, Evan Handler, Carlos Jacott, Nate Torrenc” (source NBC)
- “Matt worries about his writing staff defecting, led by Ricky and Ron; Harriet considers posing in lingerie for a magazine spread; Jordan and Danny have to deal with budget cuts.” (source TV Guide)